Monday, August 31, 2009

Michael Jackson "Moonwalk" (Book)










Michael Jackson's one and only autobiography, Moonwalk, will be made available to the public again starting October 13, 2009. The book was first published in 1988. The 2009 reissue will include the original Foreword by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, a new Introduction by Motown founder Berry Gordy, and an Afterword by





Michael Jackson's editor and publisher, Shaye Areheart. This is the only book about his life that Michael Jackson ever wrote. He chronicles his humble beginnings in the Midwest, his early days with the Jackson 5, and his unprecedented solo success. Moonwalk details his songwriting process for hits like "Human Nature," "Beat It," "Rock With You," "Billie Jean," and "We Are the World"; describes how he developed his signature dance style, including the Moonwalk; and opens the door to his very private personal relationships with his family, including sister Janet, and stars like Diana Ross, Berry Gordy, Quincy Jones, Paul McCartney, and Brooke Shields.
"I've always wanted to be able to tell stories, you know, stories that came from my soul. I'd like to sit by a fire and tell people stories – make them see pictures, make them cry and laugh, take them anywhere emotionally with something as deceptively simple as words. I'd like to tell tales to move their souls and transform them. I've always wanted to be able to do that. Imagine how the great writers must feel, knowing they have that power. I sometimes feel I could do it. It's something I'd like to develop. In a way, songwriting uses the same skills, creates the emotional highs and lows, but the story is a sketch. It's quicksilver. There are very few books written on the art of storytelling, how to grip listeners, how to get a group of people together and amuse them. No costumes, no makeup, no nothing, just you and your voice, and your powerful ability to take them anywhere, to transform their lives, if only for minutes." –Michael Jackson, in Moonwalk
Visit the Michael Jackson Store for more details.

2 comments:

  1. Michael Jackson was among my cohort, from the same state "Indiana" with something very much in common, that was and still is for me, singing expressing our emotional feelings that touch the hearts of others. There are similarities and differences between Michael and me. His audience and mine. Michael's audience has always been people around the world and of course mine was in church. For example, just last week as I sung in church, I noticed people, particularly men were crying, and thought "do I sound that bad." God gifted me with a talent that I never knew I had. I have been asked over and over to sing again, but it has been difficult for me to do so. My singing tells a story and cannot sing without being emotional. Please, Please, Please will someone tell me what you think Michael Jackson's advice would be to me regarding this concern? I can be contacted immediately through my email at maxiegregory@yahoo.com Thank you very much for your time. I hope to hear from your or one of your representatives soon.

    Sincerely,

    Gregory Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and nightclubs...

    Then I encourage you to watch this short video to find out a strong secret that has the power to get you your personal harem of sexy women:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks

MICHAEL JACKSON’S DAUGHTER DELIGHTS FANS WITH THE BEATLES POSTS

One of the most famous social media celebrities of this era,  Paris Jackson,  posted a couple of new videos on her Instagram Stories today...